Compared with Acadia Center’s other English immersion courses, our premium English course features the most intensive format and the most hours of 1-to-1 instruction and practice, ideal for maximizing your learning in a shorter English immersion course of 1-2 weeks.
- 6 days per week – Monday through Saturday – with daily private lessons and private excursions tailored to your individual needs and interests
- Personalized learning program including pre-course evaluation, orientation interview, detailed teachers’ recommendations, and weekly individual assessment meetings
- Private, customized lessons that give you intensive practice in the language topics most essential to you, for example: business communication, listening comprehension, TOEFL or TOEIC preparation, writing, or conversational English
- Experienced, dedicated, friendly teachers who adapt your lessons to your learning style
- Total English immersion from morning to night
- Comfortable private room accommodations with free WiFi Internet access
- Family-style meals with teachers and hosts providing constant conversation practice
- Private excursions (1 teacher: 1 student) six afternoons per week – activities include sailing, touring local museums, kayaking, and visiting local businesses and organizations
- Access to our study center library and computers, TV/film room, game room (ping pong and table soccer), and bicycles
- Free admission to fitness center including indoor swimming pool and running track, gym, and exercise/weight room
- Involvement in a friendly, safe, small-town community with lots of opportunities to meet local people, make new friends, and practice English conversation
- Easy access on foot to ocean, harbor, and mountains and to shops, restaurants, cafes and everything else that our classic New England town has to offer
Daily Schedule (6 days per week, Monday through Saturday)
8:30am – 9:00 am: breakfast
9:00 am – 12 noon: private English lesson
12:00 – 1:00 pm: private lunch with teacher
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm: private excursion & conversation practice with teacher
4:00 pm – 7:00 pm: guided independent study in the study center/ free time to explore Camden and practice your English
7:00 pm – 8:30 pm: group dinner with dinner hosts and other students (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday)
Acadia Center offers a variety of course options for different budgets, with discounts for companies sending two or more students, for friends or couples taking a course together, and for alumni. See our Course Prices page for details, and like us on Facebook to see special offers and discounts throughout the year!
Questions? Call us at 617-939-9209 or contact us by e-mail.